KUALA LUMPUR (Oct 25): A total of 1,010 new permanent homes for flood victims in Kelantan have been completed by the government as at Sept 30.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Shahidan Kassim said 25 units were still under construction and would be handed over to flood victims in stages by the end of the month, Bernama reported today.

"There are no families still living in tents, containers or temporary houses," he said in reply to Teresa Kok (DAP-Seputeh) at the Dewan Rakyat sitting here today, Bernama reported.

Kok wanted information on the number of homes that had been constructed by the federal government for flood victims in Kelantan.

In mid-December 2014 to early January 2015, Kelantan and Terengganu suffered one of the worst floods in decades.

The National Security Council said the floods of 2014 to 2015 in Kelantan were the worst recorded in the history of the state.

Nearly 60,000 people had to be evacuated at the height of the floods.

SHARE
RELATED POSTS
  1. Dewan Rakyat passes JB-Singapore RTS Link Bill 2026
  2. YAPEIM allocated RM16.44 mln for 356 house projects since 2020
  3. NRES: Malay reserve land area in peninsula increases to 4.95 mil hectares in 2024